OAHPERD News Blog...
Here is some of the latest information regarding OAHPERD and the associated professions. If you have items that you would like included on the News Blog, send them to the webmaster.
- 10/1/12: Have you read the Fall 2012 OAHPERD Journal? Click here for a copy! The journal includes information about the upcoming OAHPERD conference (Friday, October 12th @ West Albany HS), as well as information on OAHPERD's awards and programs.
- 4/5/12: Want to present at the 2012 OAHPERD Conference? Click here to find out more! Planning for the 2012 OAHPERD Conference is underway, and we want to make this one the best one yet! To do so, we need quality presenters, such as yourself or someone you know. If you are interested in presenting a session, fill out the Call for Sessions application!
- 3/5/12: Check out this new National K-12 Physical Education Conference! The National PE Institute: Linking Curriculum to Assessment" Conference will host many of the "heavy hitters" in the field, including Dr. Bob Pangrazi, Dr. George Graham, and many more. July 30-August 3, 2012 in Ashville, NC.
- 3/5/12: PEP Grant Update! The PEP grant has been funded at $78.8 million for the 2012 fiscal year. This is the same amount that was funded for the 2011 fiscal year. The House and the Senate came to an agreement on the bill on December 15. The U.S. Department of Education has indicated that it will not be soliciting new applications, instead it will fund 2011 fiscal year applicants who were not awarded funding last year but still met necessary requirements.
- 10/27/11: Check out the handouts that presenters have made available from the 2011 OAHPERD conference!
- 9/1/11: Need more "ammunition" to advocate for quality physical education? Check out this great video!
- 6/28/11: Do you receive AAHPERD's Et Cetera newsletter? Check out the current issue (and archived articles) online for the latest news and information.
- 6/28/11: Looking for videos or pictures to add to your class presentations? Teacher Tube is a great resource for videos, images, audio and other supplemental information for your classroom/gymnasium. Visit them online to see what they have to offer.
- 6/9/11: Have you seen the new MyPlate, which has replaced the food pyramid? Check out the commentary in the New York Times & visit the website for more information.
- 6/8/11: Check out "Let's Move in School", a program by NASPE/AAHPERD to ensure quality physical education programs in school: http://www.aahperd.org/letsmoveinschool/
- Have you checked out OAHPERD on Facebook? Come and become a member to stay up to date with new information! Click here to view Facebook page.